Spring has really sprung around here! I’m excited to have more and more days like this in between the gray, gloomy Seattle rain.
In spite of the crappy weather, things around here have been super busy. I am in my annual spring cleaning mode and eyeballs-deep in applying for every teaching position I can find (it’s that time of year again). I’m also trying to get back on track with my reading goals after finally plowing through The Second Sex, which was the most challenging book I read so far this year. In the middle of all that, I manage to get outside for a run or hike now and then, too! All of this means I haven’t spent much time online, to be honest – so I put off posting a Friday Favorites a little longer than I had hoped.
So without further ado, here is what I enjoyed online over the past…few weeks or so. Hopefully soon I can get back on a regular schedule with these!
- Here is a pretty accurate list of 5 industries millennials are slowly killing. I totally agree with all of it (though we really should consider bringing back the vacation!). (Cracked)
- If you follow Chris Pratt on Instagram, you already know he started a #whatsmysnack craze (thanks to his recent meal-delivery service). Watching him attempt to say “cacao baobab” is just the best because, well, we’ve all been there! (Well+Good)
- Even though I live in a much brighter apartment than I used to, growing plants is still a challenge with so little daily sunlight. Here are 9 plants that should survive super low light! (Gardenista)
- If you are as mesmerized by gif recipes as I am, check out the Gif Recipes subreddit! Be careful, though – it’s easy to lose hours of your day on here! (Reddit)
- You know I love a good peek into someone’s refrigerator! Check out this one from Mimi Kirk, a raw foodie in her 70s, to see how she stays healthy and happy! (The Chalkboard Mag)
- If you are looking for ways to stay active in your community, check out Meg The Grand! She was one of my close friends in college, and it’s inspiring to hear all the ways she supports women in her community! She posts daily tasks people can do, some in the Chicago area, and some you can do from anywhere! (Meg The Grand)
I hope everyone is enjoying the start of spring, and I will be back next week. I have another long week of interviews, job applications, and cleaning to do!