I am definitely glad this week is over! I had a nasty cold and spent most of the week stuck working from bed, or bundled up on the couch. The week also started with a snowstorm that took me (and a few others around here) by surprise!
Tuesday was election day! It was encouraging to see several elections won (many for the first time ever) by women, people of color, and transgender candidates! Voting is something I take very seriously, and encourage everyone around me to do their part. Change begins by electing people at the local and state levels – not just federal! I can only hope the momentum keeps up in 2018!
Anyway, aside from elections and destroying boxes of tissues, here are a few things I’ve been digging:
- My husband and I just finished the Netflix show Mindhunter, and I really liked it. It follows an FBI program dedicated to understanding the psychology of serial killers, taking place in the 1970s. I didn’t think this would be a show I’d get into, but I totally did. It’s perfect to watch late at night, lights off…but maybe not alone! Oh, and it’s total wardrobe inspiration if you’re craving a bit of a 70s vibe in your closet!
- Ever wonder what kind of houseplant you should have, based on your zodiac sign? Wonder no more! It’s no surprise to me that I already have the plant suggested for Geminis – a philodendron!
- If you love vintage and subscription boxes, consider giving Divine Trash Vintage a try! It’s only $30 each month, and you get a “trash bag” of vintage to pick from! I’m really tempted to give this one a try, since buying vintage here in Seattle can get stupidly expensive!
- With all the news lately centered around sexual assault in the entertainment industry, I’m starting to wonder: what we do next? Enter Gretchen Carlson. After her public battle with sexual harassment policies at her old network, she is gathering up legislators to start making change. Her focus is on anti-arbitration laws, which allow companies to turn a blind eye to sexual harassment and assault, leaving the victims with no real legal recourse. The only job I ever had where I was viciously harassed and demeaned on a regular basis also happened to be the only company that has ever made me sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and anti-arbitration clause – go figure!
- I’m currently making my way through Kristin Newman’s memoir, What I Was Doing While You Were Breeding, and it’s giving me a serious traveling bug! I plan on finishing it up tonight, while sipping a warm cup of tea and covered in blankets! Gotta kick that cold to the curb!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! My plans this weekend are pretty up in the air, as usual, and totally dependent on how I feel. I predict a lot of books, pajamas, and vegan hot cocoa!