Welcome to another Friday Favorites!
I spent this week reflecting on how far we’ve already come as a country, thanks to Time Magazine honoring the men and women who have spoken out about sexual harassment and abuse. It’s been a long year of protesting, sharing, healing, and hard conversations. I’m glad that we’re ending the year in the middle of progress. We still have a long way to go before women can feel safe and respected in the world, but we’re slowly chipping away at it.
This has also been a week of making wish lists and locally-sourced gift guides here at Afternoon Glow! I am excited to share my favorite things with you and hopefully treat myself to a few of them soon!
Anyways, here are a few more of my Friday favorites from the past week:
- Well+Good has announced the top 18 fitness and wellness trends for 2018, and I can definitely get behind a few already: cozy activewear, nut milk yogurt (finally!), and women’s coworking clubs!
- I love burning candles at home, but never really thought much about what was in them until recently. The Chalkboard Mag came up with 11 natural, non-toxic candles that will make great gifts this holiday season – or you can scoop up a few for your home too!
- I’m already planning and plotting my holiday baking, and this post from Camille Styles has 27 cookie recipes that look yummy and pretty easy to make! I can’t wait to try out a few!
- As much as I’d love to try some Moon Juice’s Moon Dusts in my morning coffee, I can’t justify paying $40 for a jar. Thankfully, Hello Glow has their own recipe for a Brain Dust that you can easily add to tea, coffee, or smoothies – and it won’t break the bank! I can’t wait to hit up my local health food store to stock up on the ingredients!
- My canvas duffel bag fell apart this summer, and I’ve been looking for a replacement ever since. I recently discovered Lemur Bags, a company that makes beautiful canvas bags and totes. They donate 15% of their profits to conservation efforts specific to lemurs. I’m seriously considering grabbing this pineapple-print duffel bag!
Well, I’m off to a lunch date with the husband! I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I’ll be back on Monday with more great posts!