Happy Friday everyone!
This week has been so much better. I’m finally over being sick, the weather cooled off, and the leaves seemed to change overnight. Fall is officially here, and I’m excited to get out and enjoy it!
Since I haven’t done a Friday Favorites in a few weeks, I thought I’d share some things I’ve been loving online since then:
I’m looking forward to spending the weekend hiking, enjoying the cool weather and changing colors. It’s also football season, so I will hopefully get some time to read more too. There is nothing like getting cozy with a book, am I right?
What are your plans this weekend? How have you been ringing in fall where you live?
I want all of them, but I want the rose gold one most of all. Damn you, Michaels, for killing it in the holiday department this year!
Happy Friday, everyone!
I hope you are adjusting to Daylight Savings well, and getting over the Halloween candy hangovers. I managed to behave myself and only eat a little candy that my nephews gave me, and stayed away from the clearance Halloween candy at the store. Let’s hope I can keep that up!
Here are a few food-related things I enjoyed online this week, and I hope you do too:
- As you may have already heard, I suck at finding healthy things for lunch. Goop is here to help, sharing recipes for a Protein-Packed Chopped Salad and “Dinnertime Hacks for People Too Tired to Cook,” which could easily be made into healthy lunches. I might have to try some of those out next week….
- Do you have any leftover pumpkin puree sitting around? Not sure what to do with it? The Kitchn has some ideas to help you use it up! I bought some at Trader Joe’s yesterday, and can’t wait to start adding it to my morning oatmeal!
- Have any leftover pumpkin seeds too? Try out A Cup of Jo’s recipe for Roasted Cauliflower and Garlic Dip. It sounds like hummus with, as Ina Garten would say, “…the volume turned way up.”
- The Everygirl shared “10 Hearty Meals To Cook This Winter,” and I want to try all ten. Many of them sound like great ideas to take or make for Thanksgiving, and great ideas for using up your leftover turkey!
- A friend of mine turned me on to the King Arthur Flour website, which is an amazing resource for all things baking-related. I tried their 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread recipe, and it turned out amazing. If you want a super easy bread recipe, check this one out for sure!
Well, now I’m hungry! Hope you have a great weekend, and I’ll be back on Monday!
For most of us, fall is the beginning of a new (school) year, and we gravitate toward the changing season with renewed focus and energy. I chose to pour my “new year” energy into doing some cleaning and organizing this week.
One afternoon I dedicated to going through my beauty products, updating things for the fall/winter seasons, and storing or tossing things I won’t need until next summer. If you haven’t done it yet, I highly recommend going through your stash and getting rid of things that are old, outdated, expired, or just no longer loved. It’s not only good for your actual health (two year old mascara is just asking to give you pink eye), but it’s good for your mental health, too. After a thorough clean of the apartment yesterday, I rewarded myself with some time outside on our patio…since it won’t be warm enough to do that for a long, long time!
Anyhoo, here are some things I have been enjoying this week on the internet!
- Jamie Beck did an amazing review of Le Bristol Hotel in Paris, and now I’m fully convinced that, in full Liz Lemon fashion, “I want to go to there.” Like right now. Just hop on a plane and be there.
- Part 2 of Alexa Chung’s documentary on the fashion industry came out this week, and is still making me bang my head against the wall that I didn’t go into fashion. I can’t design, sew, draw, or look good in clothes…but it turns out you don’t have to!
- World of Wanderlust’s “A Quick Guide to Krakow” just made me add Poland to my travel bucket list. Having a Polish background helps, but who knew it could be such a nice, easy place to travel? Not me, that’s for sure!
- I really, really want to try the Famous Chocolate Cupcakes recipe from A Cup of Jo because it looks insanely easy and very tasty! Unfortunately, my husband is on a self-imposed diet, so there will be no cupcakes in my life anytime soon. Apparently no dessert for him means no dessert for me, unless it’s something I know he won’t eat. I wonder if I can work in some hazelnuts….
- Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine interviewed Stacy London recently for their Chatroom series, but this week she released an extended version as a podcast. I am looking forward to listening to the entire thing this afternoon while cozying up with some banana bread and a tea (so I lied about not baking…I’m PMS-ing hardcore and couldn’t take it anymore…husband’s diet be damned).
I hope everyone has a nice, relaxing weekend! It sounds like everyone who was eyeballs deep in Fashion Week might need a couple days of sleeping in, eating on a regular schedule, and a good foot massage – all of which I hope you get!