Photo by Hello I’m Nik on Unsplash
Welcome to another Friday Favorites!
First of all, don’t forget that Daylight Savings Time ends this weekend! Check out yesterday’s post on ways to help make the change go as smoothly as possible!
As always, I plan to spend the weekend relaxing and reading. Of course, this rarely happens. I’m pretty sure I’ll be out watching the new Thor movie at some point, grocery shopping, and there will be laundry (there is always laundry). Hopefully I can shut myself away somewhere on Sunday to finish the book I’m currently so close to finishing!
Anyway, here are some things I’ve been loving online this week!
- If you are a total beauty nerd like me, you do some serious research before trying new products. I recently discovered Reviews.com, a site that thoroughly reviews just about anything from makeup to kitchen tools. Their foundation review is extremely detailed and gave me a few ideas to try! I highly recommend their site, especially if you’re starting to think about buying Christmas gifts for friends and family!
- After seeing this outfit on Man Repeller’s own Harling Ross, I am now on the hunt for the perfect wide-leg pants and vintage tee to re-create this look! MR gave readers some serious inspiration with their list of favorites. I’m definitely adding these to my post-#NoSpendNovember list!
- I’m getting bored with my bedroom furniture. It’s all Ikea, and all kinda…meh. Thankfully, the Ikea Hackers have a solution that only involves some paint, marble contact paper, and door handles. I really want to elevate my beige Malm dresser into something more…grown up. Now, to find the perfect grayish navy blue paint…
- Goop is at it again with the easy and super healthy recipes! I am dying to try their Turkey Meatballs recipe, which looks like the perfect dinner on a cold, rainy evening!
- I’m giving thredUP a try this fall, and I can’t wait to get my first seasonal box order! They also sent me a bag to send in clothes to sell/donate, and I’m looking forward to getting rid of summer clothes I didn’t wear this year. I’ll let you know how it goes, of course!
- Giving up dairy has been a process for me over the past month. Finding a coffee creamer that’s fully non-dairy took forever (and, no surprise…it costs a ton). Another recipe I’m dying to try is this gluten-free, dairy-free cream of chicken soup from Iowa Girl Eats. I use cream of chicken soup in a lot of fall/winter recipes, so having a non-dairy option will make this transition even easier. Once I find a non-dairy cheese I like, the transition will be complete!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Friday Favorites! I’m off to try to get all my “household chores” done before the weekend, so I can relax and finish that damn book already!
Welcome to another Friday Favorites!
Another week down!
Work is busy as usual. D worked from home a couple days this week, so I feel like I’m itching for some alone time. The crummy weather isn’t helping, either. All I want to do is lock myself in a room and read a book – which I might end up doing!
I am also itching to chop off all my hair again. Maybe I should add that to my “to do” list this weekend?
Anyway, here’s what I’ve been digging online this week:
- Goop is my go-to lately for fall outfit inspiration. This turtleneck + wide-leg pants + sneakers combo has been on my mind (and shopping list) lately. I can’t wait to track down the perfect turtleneck sweater!
- I’ve been into delicate jewelry lately, and I ordered these tiny rose gold hoops from Amazon! I can’t wait for them to arrive, and I have a feeling I’ll be wearing them everywhere!
- I also ordered this dainty THC molecule necklace too – a cute nod to my favorite way to wind down after a long day. It’s a more grown up alternative to wearing pot leaves on everything, and I can’t wait to wear it everywhere.
- The graphic tee in today’s blog photo is from Chic Wish List, and you can get it for 70% off + free shipping with the code SaveOnWishList! I wore it to my local coffee joint this week, and the baristas all loved it! It’s thin, slightly baggy, and absolutely perfect for a relaxed fall outfit!
I know it’s a short list this week, but I honestly haven’t spent too much time online shopping or reading blogs this week! I hope you enjoyed another week of Friday Favorites! Have a great weekend!
Photo by Alisa Anton on Unsplash
Welcome to another edition of Friday Favorites!
Fall is (finally) in full swing here, complete with chilly temperatures and a lot of rain. It’s been a great week to snuggle up under a blanket with a good book and some tea. In fact, that’s my only real plan for this weekend.
Here is what I’ve been digging online this past week or two!
- I’m not a big salad eater, but even this Fall Protein Power Salad looks like the perfect way to force some veggies into me this fall! (Hello Glow)
- Another recipe I’m dying to try out is these Vegan Cheez Its. I’ve never made my own crackers before, and this recipe looks like the perfect snack to go with some hot apple cider! (Minimalist Baker)
- If you’re looking to clean up your beauty routine, I suggest checking out The Detox Market. They have tons of great products that would make great gifts, and a monthly subscription box if you want to try something new each month!
- I am on the hunt for my own vaporizer pen, and this rose gold version from Beboe is so pretty. Too bad they only sell them in California…sigh. Get on the rose gold weed pens, Washington!
- Speaking of curling up with a good book, Wit & Delight’s list of uplifting and inspiring books is perfect for fall. I’ve got all 7 books on my library holds list!
- This is the first Kickstarter campaign I’ve seriously considered giving to. Therese Shechter is making a documentary about the current issues surrounding women who choose not to have children. She talks to a couple living in the South who chose not to have kids, a woman whose fertility struggles led to a change of heart, and young women trying to build their lives without motherhood in mind. I think these are important stories to hear, especially now that our access to birth control and abortions hang in the balance. (Kickstarter)
I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I’ll be back next week with some new posts – if I don’t spend the whole weekend buried in a book!
Welcome to another edition of Friday Favorites!
But most importantly – FALL IS HERE!!!
It’s been another busy week around here, but a good one. The weather is cooling down, and the leaves are slowly starting to change over to their fall colors. I even had to turn the heat on in the office on Wednesday! I’m excited for sweater weather, and can’t wait to start using my giant scarf collection too!
Anyway, enough rambling. Here’s what I found fun and interesting online this past week (or so).
- If you enjoy workout videos like I do, check out Tracy Anderson’s total body workout video! (Goop)
- If you saw my Instagram earlier this week, you’ll know my skin has totally gone to shit. None of the usual acne stuff seems to be working at all, so I’ve gone the herbal route and bought some products that use Neem. I’ll report back and let you know how it goes.
- I also have a giant order from The Ordinary on its way. I’m really not happy about this skincare thing, and willing to try anything to fix it. This stuff is not only potent and effective, it’s also the most affordable skincare out there.
- I’ve been toying around with the idea of going vegan for, like, years now. I pretty much eat vegan already (except for dinner), so it’s just a matter of getting a better recipe arsenal. Mac ‘n’ cheese is a lot of what’s holding me back, to be honest – that stuff is hard to give up. Might try this recipe this weekend from Goop for Superfood Vegan Mac ‘N’ Cheese to see if it’ll help me get over the “cheese hump” I hear is brutal when making the switch!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I’m planning to go watch the new Kingsman movie, hang out with the in-laws, and hopefully get some much-needed down time!
Have a great weekend!
(A short attempt to work outside during a smoke-out)
Time for another Friday Favorites!
While this was a short week thanks to Labor Day, it wasn’t a very fun one. First, temperatures were supposed to hit almost 100 this week, which meant hiding in the AC for another week. Next, the entire west coast has been on fire! The smoke and ash has been so bad that it looks like it’s snowing. Yuck! I went to my favorite coffee shop to get some work done on Tuesday, but I only made it 20 minutes before leaving because I was already covered in ash. It didn’t really start to clear up until yesterday, and unless it rains soon, it’s going to be around for a while.
Being cooped up all week wasn’t fun at all, but I did have some extra time to goof around online! Here are just a few of the things I enjoyed online this week!
- The Everygirl did their list of favorite beauty products from Trader Joe’s. I’ve never really bought any beauty products there, but I might now!
- Since it’s been hot as balls lately, I’ve been using a facial mist to “freshen up” as I sweat all damn day. If you’re looking for a good one to try, check out Darling’s wish list!
- BUST is killing it lately with their articles. This one is about one of their writers recreating 4 lipsticks from history. I don’t want to spoil anything, but let’s just say some are more tempting than others!
- I just picked up a copy of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson, which seems to be the book of the moment. If this weather clears up, you’ll find me reading it at the beach this weekend!
- In honor of it being almost fall, I decided to grab a pair of pumpkin-spiced flats from Ollio. They arrived yesterday, and I can’t wait to wear them everywhere! It’s going to be hard for me not to order them in every color! Here they are in all their glory:
I’m not sure what the weekend holds for me – it largely depends on the weather! Maybe a trip to the beach, or a seasonal closet switch-over…who knows! What are you doing this weekend?
(From my mini-adventure in Seattle: Pike Place Market / Lamplighter Books / Storyville Coffee / Left Bank Bookstore)
Happy Friday + Welcome to September!
As always, it’s been a busy week. However, I did escape to downtown Seattle on Wednesday for a little mini-adventure. While D. was busy with a work outing, I spent the afternoon chilling on my own. I checked out a few bookstores, grabbed a latte, and went to the Olympic Sculpture Park. I met up with D. later for dinner and (a few too many) drinks. It was a wonderful day, and we’re going to definitely do that more often!
Without further ado, here are my Friday favorites from this past week:
- I’m not a big smoothie fan, but I am looking for a more protein-packed, easy breakfast (I’m so lazy). The Chalkboard Mag has a few recipes I can’t wait to try – especially the carrot cake smoothie/shake!
- Aimee Song from Song of Style is in the middle of remodeling her new home, and has a drool-worthy list of small items to add to any home. I kinda want all of it.
- I’m always looking to clean up and simplify my beauty routine, and Into The Gloss has a great list of beauty products with the fewest ingredients. My life goal is to smell like a beautiful hippie, can you tell? 😉
- It’s been hot as balls here lately, which makes it so hard to cook (or better yet, want to cook). If we get another 90+ degree day, I’m gonna give this recipe for One Pot Summertime Pasta from Camille Styles a try!
- Now that fall is finally on its way, I’m looking into upping my shoe game. First up – a pair of green suede flats that don’t match anything I own, but will look killer anyway.
I’m off to keep working on some editing work, then hopefully spending the weekend relaxing and reading. I picked up Rebecca Solnit’s book The Mother Of All Questions at the library, and I think I could easily get through it this weekend while relaxing at the beach!
What are you up to this weekend?
(Getting some inspiration to switch up my diet and cooking habits!)
It’s been an insanely busy week, and while I’m grateful to have so much work, it also keeps me away from the blog. I had a lot of great ideas for what I wanted to post this week, but man, after editing and writing for 8+ hours each day, I was burnt out!
I wasn’t online much this week, but there were a few things I enjoyed in between work and sleep:
- Harling Ross from Man Repeller decided to dress like her 2000s high school self for a week, and it was fun to go back and reminisce about the good ol’ days of polo shirts and flared jeans (both of which I hear may be coming back again…sigh).
- I’m a busty lady, and have had to rely on underwires to support me for my whole adult life. Thankfully, companies are starting to figure out how to make bras for people like me that don’t involve wires digging into my ribcage! Thanks, BUST magazine, for letting me know they’re out there!
- After switching birth control recently, my skin suuuuuucks again. Like, 13-year old breakouts bad. Thankfully, I found a simple fix to my skincare routine that seems to be working – tea tree oil! I add a drop of it to my cleanser each night, and it seems to be keeping my breakouts at bay. Now, if I could find an easy fix for the bloating and hormonal rages…haha…grrrrr.
- If you like your salsa blazing hot, with a bit of sweetness, definitely try the Charlie’s Salsa Four Pepper Hot version! It kind of has a barbecue-sauce-like flavor, and it’s hot enough to numb your whole mouth, but I really like it! I think it would be great on wings, mixed into queso dip, or eaten plan with Fritos!
I hope everyone had a great week, and that you find something fun to do this weekend! We’re dog-sitting this weekend, so it’s going to be a fun one. I’m looking forward to wearing their butts out on a hike or at the beach – if I can tear them away from D (they’re both madly in love with him). 🙂
It’s been another crazy-busy week with work and blog planning. Thankfully, the weather finally cooled down around here so I can work outside! I missed sitting outside and soaking in the sunshine, but the 90+ degree temperature and smoky air made it impossible.
We don’t have any real plans for this weekend – I may end up doing some thrift shopping in Seattle, or taking a long hike. I spent last weekend sick, so I look forward to accomplishing more and finding time to relax, too!
Here are some of my favorites from the internet this past week:
- I’m obsessed with face masks right now, and Hello Glow posted a handy guide to choose the right mud for your skin type! My next purchase will probably be some Fuller’s Earth Clay Powder to combat the hyperpigmentation I’m fighting this summer!
- During the summer, I am lazy as shit when it comes to my hair. I usually just let it air dry, or put it up in a bun and leave it be. Camille Styles rounded up the best products to use while air drying your hair to leave it silky, beach-wavy, and smelling great!
- It’s that time of year again when I start eyeing up new sneakers – and these from Nike are my current favorites. I am keeping a close eye on Amazon to see if they go on sale!
- Man Repeller asked their readers for the most addicting books, and they delivered! I will need to add a few of these to my library list!
Oh, one last thing – a few people wanted to know about the large plant in this photo. It’s a Calathea Lancifolio, also known as a Rattlesnake Plant. I got it a couple weeks ago and love it – the leaves fall in the morning, and close back up by evening – you can even see time-lapse videos of them opening and closing online!
It’s been a busy week! I started doing some freelance writing and editing, and I’m driving almost 3 hours away for a job interview/meeting this morning. It’s going to be a long day – but hopefully a productive one!
Here are some things I enjoyed online this week:
- Gwyneth Paltrow paired up with chef Kris Yenbamroong on creating two simple but tasty Pad Thai recipes. They both look yummy and perfect for a quick dinner after a long day! (Goop)
- I used to love yogurt for breakfast, but had to give it up when I ditched (most) dairy. Now there are non-dairy options out there worth trying! I can’t wait to test out a few! (PopSugar)
- Man Repeller had a great article (and convo in the comments) this week, answering the question, “Is Shopping Dead, or Just Different?” An interesting read if you’re interested in the future of retail, and how this generation consumes. (Man Repeller)
- On the latest episode of My Houzz on YouTube, Mila Kunis surprises her parents by overhauling their condo. It’s an amazing transformation, made even more amazing because Kunis had her second child in the middle of the renovations! It was also sweet to see Ashton Kutcher toast his in-laws! (YouTube)
- If you’re looking to add wellness practices into your life, Geri has amazing advice on how to work wellness into your life in small, easy ways! (because im addicted)
- Want a new handbag? How about 3? With Kate Spade’s new convertible bag, you can get 3 looks for the price of 1! I can get behind that genius idea! (The College Prepster)
I plan to spend the weekend watching The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu and working on some blog posts for May! Oh, and brainstorming things to do on my next vacation (which isn’t happening soon enough!).
What are your plans for this weekend?
I hope everyone is enjoying the lovely spring weather all around the country this week! It was nice to ditch the sweaters for a few days, but alas, we’re back to chilly temperatures for a while.
Here are a few things I enjoyed online this week:
- Chelsea Clinton was a guest writer this week on Well + Good, where she discussed the importance of talking about periods and breastfeeding, and how both of those things make it tough for women to succeed all over the world. A great read if you are interested in the recent news from states who are finally ending unfair taxes on women’s hygiene products! (Well + Good)
- I guess in his new-found spare time, Barack Obama has become another Instagram husband. Man Repeller has determined he’s pretty damn good at it, too. (Man Repeller)
- Apparently jaw tension can cause breakouts? Great. Add it to the list of things I need to stop doing, from eating dairy to letting my face rest of anything while I sleep. (The Chalkboard Mag)
- I’ve gotten hooked on watching The Sorry Girls, a DIY duo from Canada, on YouTube. They started out mainly doing DIY Halloween costumes, but branched out into tons of other cool things. Definitely check them out if you want to learn some cheap and easy tricks to update your space! (The Sorry Girls)
- Now that LeafTV is officially sold off, Geri Hirsch is now blogging full-time at because im addicted! Check out the blog for even more amazing content for the lifestyle junkies out there. This week she came up with a comprehensive spring cleaning list that anyone can conquer! (because im addicted)
- I’ll file this one away for whenever I’m back to living on my own, because lord knows I’ll never get my parents to try these! Check out Hello Glow’s 5 vegan macaroni and cheese recipes – they all look amazing! (Hello Glow)
I hope you all have a great weekend! I’m planning to catch up with some friends who are visiting BG, and working on some more blog posts for you in the near future!