It’s been a busy week! I started doing some freelance writing and editing, and I’m driving almost 3 hours away for a job interview/meeting this morning. It’s going to be a long day – but hopefully a productive one!
Here are some things I enjoyed online this week:
- Gwyneth Paltrow paired up with chef Kris Yenbamroong on creating two simple but tasty Pad Thai recipes. They both look yummy and perfect for a quick dinner after a long day! (Goop)
- I used to love yogurt for breakfast, but had to give it up when I ditched (most) dairy. Now there are non-dairy options out there worth trying! I can’t wait to test out a few! (PopSugar)
- Man Repeller had a great article (and convo in the comments) this week, answering the question, “Is Shopping Dead, or Just Different?” An interesting read if you’re interested in the future of retail, and how this generation consumes. (Man Repeller)
- On the latest episode of My Houzz on YouTube, Mila Kunis surprises her parents by overhauling their condo. It’s an amazing transformation, made even more amazing because Kunis had her second child in the middle of the renovations! It was also sweet to see Ashton Kutcher toast his in-laws! (YouTube)
- If you’re looking to add wellness practices into your life, Geri has amazing advice on how to work wellness into your life in small, easy ways! (because im addicted)
- Want a new handbag? How about 3? With Kate Spade’s new convertible bag, you can get 3 looks for the price of 1! I can get behind that genius idea! (The College Prepster)
I plan to spend the weekend watching The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu and working on some blog posts for May! Oh, and brainstorming things to do on my next vacation (which isn’t happening soon enough!).
What are your plans for this weekend?
I hope everyone is enjoying the lovely spring weather all around the country this week! It was nice to ditch the sweaters for a few days, but alas, we’re back to chilly temperatures for a while.
Here are a few things I enjoyed online this week:
- Chelsea Clinton was a guest writer this week on Well + Good, where she discussed the importance of talking about periods and breastfeeding, and how both of those things make it tough for women to succeed all over the world. A great read if you are interested in the recent news from states who are finally ending unfair taxes on women’s hygiene products! (Well + Good)
- I guess in his new-found spare time, Barack Obama has become another Instagram husband. Man Repeller has determined he’s pretty damn good at it, too. (Man Repeller)
- Apparently jaw tension can cause breakouts? Great. Add it to the list of things I need to stop doing, from eating dairy to letting my face rest of anything while I sleep. (The Chalkboard Mag)
- I’ve gotten hooked on watching The Sorry Girls, a DIY duo from Canada, on YouTube. They started out mainly doing DIY Halloween costumes, but branched out into tons of other cool things. Definitely check them out if you want to learn some cheap and easy tricks to update your space! (The Sorry Girls)
- Now that LeafTV is officially sold off, Geri Hirsch is now blogging full-time at because im addicted! Check out the blog for even more amazing content for the lifestyle junkies out there. This week she came up with a comprehensive spring cleaning list that anyone can conquer! (because im addicted)
- I’ll file this one away for whenever I’m back to living on my own, because lord knows I’ll never get my parents to try these! Check out Hello Glow’s 5 vegan macaroni and cheese recipes – they all look amazing! (Hello Glow)
I hope you all have a great weekend! I’m planning to catch up with some friends who are visiting BG, and working on some more blog posts for you in the near future!
Time for this week’s Friday Favorites!
It’s been a very long week, and I’m glad to spend the weekend catching up on my meditation practice, spend time with family, and celebrate the return of Chelsea Handler’s show on Netflix. I also plan to eat as many chocolate eggs as I can stuff in me! Here are a few of my favorite things from this past week:
I hope everyone has a fun and sunny Easter weekend!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
No Friday Favorites post this week. I totally forgot to keep track of the things I was into – oops!
I hope everyone has a fun and safe St. Patrick’s Day. I am off to find something green to wear and see if I can get my hands on a corned beef sandwich for lunch this afternoon!
Have a great weekend, and enjoy the arrival of spring!
My main goal for this weekend is to go for a hike. I haven’t gone at all this year, and I’m itching to get back out there. I can only hope the weather holds up!
Have a great weekend!
Happy Friday everyone!
This week has been so much better. I’m finally over being sick, the weather cooled off, and the leaves seemed to change overnight. Fall is officially here, and I’m excited to get out and enjoy it!
Since I haven’t done a Friday Favorites in a few weeks, I thought I’d share some things I’ve been loving online since then:
I’m looking forward to spending the weekend hiking, enjoying the cool weather and changing colors. It’s also football season, so I will hopefully get some time to read more too. There is nothing like getting cozy with a book, am I right?
What are your plans this weekend? How have you been ringing in fall where you live?
Me with my little sister, Lisa, way back in the day!
Today is my sister’s birthday! Happy birthday Lisa! Hope you’re having a great day celebrating, and sorry for texting you at 2am in honor of when your birthday really starts (if I remembered to do it…if I forgot, then consider yourself lucky)!
We’re hosting some friends this weekend, so I thought I’d leave with a few links to things I am loving on the internet this week!
Friday Favorites: Happy Birthday Edition!
Sorry the list is so short this week. I was busy getting things ready for our houseguests, and prepping for our Labor Day cookout. Speaking of, should I do cheesecake or apple pie? I can’t decide!
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
Now that I’m feeling renewed and re-inspired to start blogging on a regular basis, it’s time to bring back the Friday Favorites! Here are a few things around the internet I’ve been digging lately:
Well there you go!
I hope you all have a great weekend! I have a feeling this weekend is going to be a rough one. It’s in the 90s here, and I’m battling some allergy issues – and so is D, which makes him a real dream to be around. My plans right now include hiding in the air conditioning, sleeping in, and lots of ice cream to stay cool!
(Finally back to work after a month of moving, unpacking, and lots of allergy meds!)
I’m not sure what my plans are for this weekend. Last weekend was a busy one, since my husband basically kicked me out of the house all day Saturday (and for a good chunk for Sunday) so he could work on some writing alone. Hopefully he won’t do that again, but if he does, I guess it’ll be a good excuse to take my laptop somewhere awesome – like the Starbucks Reserve Roastery downtown. Come to think of it, I might have just come up with some plans!
What are you doing this weekend?
As I’m sure you can tell from the photo, I’ll be spending my weekend catching up with the Underwoods. I’ve been a huge fan of the show from the beginning, and hopefully I can restrain myself from watching all the episodes this weekend. Since I won’t get another season for a year (or more), I’ve gotta make this one last! Have a great weekend!
- If you’ve ever wondered how I make Broccoli Soup, it’s a Martha Stewart recipe! Check out this YouTube video from Everyday Food to see how I do it! It’s a great base recipe that can easily be adapted to a vegetarian, vegan, or full-blown cheese-aholic dish! (I’ve done all three, and they’re all good)
- If you’ve read Overdressed: The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion, then you may already know about this, but Darling Magazine took a closer look at where your donated clothes really go – and it’s not usually to the nearest Goodwill. Most predictions out there state that 90% of our donated clothing is sent to developing countries or thrown away. Darling also offers up some alternative charities and organizations that will take and use your clothing, rather than tossing it in landfills.
- Vanity Fair posted a YouTube video this week of Jennifer Garner reading the popular non-child-friendly kid’s book, Go the F**k to Sleep. As a mother of three, you can really feel that she’s been there….
- I woke up yesterday morning to learn that one of my new favorite magazines, More, is closing its doors after their April issue. The company cites a lack of advertising interest, and increasing pressure to write for a younger audience while keeping their luxury lifestyle mindset. I’m sad to see another print publication bite the dust, especially since I only recently re-discovered it! (New York Post)
- If you’re bummed now, head over to to Lookbook Store and buy these Gold Bumble Bee Hair Pins to cheer you up! They will be the perfect accessory with your spring wardrobe (and keep the flyaways at bay!).