Welcome to another edition of Friday Favorites!
But most importantly – FALL IS HERE!!!
It’s been another busy week around here, but a good one. The weather is cooling down, and the leaves are slowly starting to change over to their fall colors. I even had to turn the heat on in the office on Wednesday! I’m excited for sweater weather, and can’t wait to start using my giant scarf collection too!
Anyway, enough rambling. Here’s what I found fun and interesting online this past week (or so).
- If you enjoy workout videos like I do, check out Tracy Anderson’s total body workout video! (Goop)
- If you saw my Instagram earlier this week, you’ll know my skin has totally gone to shit. None of the usual acne stuff seems to be working at all, so I’ve gone the herbal route and bought some products that use Neem. I’ll report back and let you know how it goes.
- I also have a giant order from The Ordinary on its way. I’m really not happy about this skincare thing, and willing to try anything to fix it. This stuff is not only potent and effective, it’s also the most affordable skincare out there.
- I’ve been toying around with the idea of going vegan for, like, years now. I pretty much eat vegan already (except for dinner), so it’s just a matter of getting a better recipe arsenal. Mac ‘n’ cheese is a lot of what’s holding me back, to be honest – that stuff is hard to give up. Might try this recipe this weekend from Goop for Superfood Vegan Mac ‘N’ Cheese to see if it’ll help me get over the “cheese hump” I hear is brutal when making the switch!
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I’m planning to go watch the new Kingsman movie, hang out with the in-laws, and hopefully get some much-needed down time!
Have a great weekend!
(A short attempt to work outside during a smoke-out)
Time for another Friday Favorites!
While this was a short week thanks to Labor Day, it wasn’t a very fun one. First, temperatures were supposed to hit almost 100 this week, which meant hiding in the AC for another week. Next, the entire west coast has been on fire! The smoke and ash has been so bad that it looks like it’s snowing. Yuck! I went to my favorite coffee shop to get some work done on Tuesday, but I only made it 20 minutes before leaving because I was already covered in ash. It didn’t really start to clear up until yesterday, and unless it rains soon, it’s going to be around for a while.
Being cooped up all week wasn’t fun at all, but I did have some extra time to goof around online! Here are just a few of the things I enjoyed online this week!
- The Everygirl did their list of favorite beauty products from Trader Joe’s. I’ve never really bought any beauty products there, but I might now!
- Since it’s been hot as balls lately, I’ve been using a facial mist to “freshen up” as I sweat all damn day. If you’re looking for a good one to try, check out Darling’s wish list!
- BUST is killing it lately with their articles. This one is about one of their writers recreating 4 lipsticks from history. I don’t want to spoil anything, but let’s just say some are more tempting than others!
- I just picked up a copy of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson, which seems to be the book of the moment. If this weather clears up, you’ll find me reading it at the beach this weekend!
- In honor of it being almost fall, I decided to grab a pair of pumpkin-spiced flats from Ollio. They arrived yesterday, and I can’t wait to wear them everywhere! It’s going to be hard for me not to order them in every color! Here they are in all their glory:
I’m not sure what the weekend holds for me – it largely depends on the weather! Maybe a trip to the beach, or a seasonal closet switch-over…who knows! What are you doing this weekend?
(From my mini-adventure in Seattle: Pike Place Market / Lamplighter Books / Storyville Coffee / Left Bank Bookstore)
Happy Friday + Welcome to September!
As always, it’s been a busy week. However, I did escape to downtown Seattle on Wednesday for a little mini-adventure. While D. was busy with a work outing, I spent the afternoon chilling on my own. I checked out a few bookstores, grabbed a latte, and went to the Olympic Sculpture Park. I met up with D. later for dinner and (a few too many) drinks. It was a wonderful day, and we’re going to definitely do that more often!
Without further ado, here are my Friday favorites from this past week:
- I’m not a big smoothie fan, but I am looking for a more protein-packed, easy breakfast (I’m so lazy). The Chalkboard Mag has a few recipes I can’t wait to try – especially the carrot cake smoothie/shake!
- Aimee Song from Song of Style is in the middle of remodeling her new home, and has a drool-worthy list of small items to add to any home. I kinda want all of it.
- I’m always looking to clean up and simplify my beauty routine, and Into The Gloss has a great list of beauty products with the fewest ingredients. My life goal is to smell like a beautiful hippie, can you tell? 😉
- It’s been hot as balls here lately, which makes it so hard to cook (or better yet, want to cook). If we get another 90+ degree day, I’m gonna give this recipe for One Pot Summertime Pasta from Camille Styles a try!
- Now that fall is finally on its way, I’m looking into upping my shoe game. First up – a pair of green suede flats that don’t match anything I own, but will look killer anyway.
I’m off to keep working on some editing work, then hopefully spending the weekend relaxing and reading. I picked up Rebecca Solnit’s book The Mother Of All Questions at the library, and I think I could easily get through it this weekend while relaxing at the beach!
What are you up to this weekend?
(Getting some inspiration to switch up my diet and cooking habits!)
It’s been an insanely busy week, and while I’m grateful to have so much work, it also keeps me away from the blog. I had a lot of great ideas for what I wanted to post this week, but man, after editing and writing for 8+ hours each day, I was burnt out!
I wasn’t online much this week, but there were a few things I enjoyed in between work and sleep:
- Harling Ross from Man Repeller decided to dress like her 2000s high school self for a week, and it was fun to go back and reminisce about the good ol’ days of polo shirts and flared jeans (both of which I hear may be coming back again…sigh).
- I’m a busty lady, and have had to rely on underwires to support me for my whole adult life. Thankfully, companies are starting to figure out how to make bras for people like me that don’t involve wires digging into my ribcage! Thanks, BUST magazine, for letting me know they’re out there!
- After switching birth control recently, my skin suuuuuucks again. Like, 13-year old breakouts bad. Thankfully, I found a simple fix to my skincare routine that seems to be working – tea tree oil! I add a drop of it to my cleanser each night, and it seems to be keeping my breakouts at bay. Now, if I could find an easy fix for the bloating and hormonal rages…haha…grrrrr.
- If you like your salsa blazing hot, with a bit of sweetness, definitely try the Charlie’s Salsa Four Pepper Hot version! It kind of has a barbecue-sauce-like flavor, and it’s hot enough to numb your whole mouth, but I really like it! I think it would be great on wings, mixed into queso dip, or eaten plan with Fritos!
I hope everyone had a great week, and that you find something fun to do this weekend! We’re dog-sitting this weekend, so it’s going to be a fun one. I’m looking forward to wearing their butts out on a hike or at the beach – if I can tear them away from D (they’re both madly in love with him). 🙂
It’s been another crazy-busy week with work and blog planning. Thankfully, the weather finally cooled down around here so I can work outside! I missed sitting outside and soaking in the sunshine, but the 90+ degree temperature and smoky air made it impossible.
We don’t have any real plans for this weekend – I may end up doing some thrift shopping in Seattle, or taking a long hike. I spent last weekend sick, so I look forward to accomplishing more and finding time to relax, too!
Here are some of my favorites from the internet this past week:
- I’m obsessed with face masks right now, and Hello Glow posted a handy guide to choose the right mud for your skin type! My next purchase will probably be some Fuller’s Earth Clay Powder to combat the hyperpigmentation I’m fighting this summer!
- During the summer, I am lazy as shit when it comes to my hair. I usually just let it air dry, or put it up in a bun and leave it be. Camille Styles rounded up the best products to use while air drying your hair to leave it silky, beach-wavy, and smelling great!
- It’s that time of year again when I start eyeing up new sneakers – and these from Nike are my current favorites. I am keeping a close eye on Amazon to see if they go on sale!
- Man Repeller asked their readers for the most addicting books, and they delivered! I will need to add a few of these to my library list!
Oh, one last thing – a few people wanted to know about the large plant in this photo. It’s a Calathea Lancifolio, also known as a Rattlesnake Plant. I got it a couple weeks ago and love it – the leaves fall in the morning, and close back up by evening – you can even see time-lapse videos of them opening and closing online!
It’s been a busy week! I started doing some freelance writing and editing, and I’m driving almost 3 hours away for a job interview/meeting this morning. It’s going to be a long day – but hopefully a productive one!
Here are some things I enjoyed online this week:
- Gwyneth Paltrow paired up with chef Kris Yenbamroong on creating two simple but tasty Pad Thai recipes. They both look yummy and perfect for a quick dinner after a long day! (Goop)
- I used to love yogurt for breakfast, but had to give it up when I ditched (most) dairy. Now there are non-dairy options out there worth trying! I can’t wait to test out a few! (PopSugar)
- Man Repeller had a great article (and convo in the comments) this week, answering the question, “Is Shopping Dead, or Just Different?” An interesting read if you’re interested in the future of retail, and how this generation consumes. (Man Repeller)
- On the latest episode of My Houzz on YouTube, Mila Kunis surprises her parents by overhauling their condo. It’s an amazing transformation, made even more amazing because Kunis had her second child in the middle of the renovations! It was also sweet to see Ashton Kutcher toast his in-laws! (YouTube)
- If you’re looking to add wellness practices into your life, Geri has amazing advice on how to work wellness into your life in small, easy ways! (because im addicted)
- Want a new handbag? How about 3? With Kate Spade’s new convertible bag, you can get 3 looks for the price of 1! I can get behind that genius idea! (The College Prepster)
I plan to spend the weekend watching The Handmaid’s Tale on Hulu and working on some blog posts for May! Oh, and brainstorming things to do on my next vacation (which isn’t happening soon enough!).
What are your plans for this weekend?
I hope everyone is enjoying the lovely spring weather all around the country this week! It was nice to ditch the sweaters for a few days, but alas, we’re back to chilly temperatures for a while.
Here are a few things I enjoyed online this week:
- Chelsea Clinton was a guest writer this week on Well + Good, where she discussed the importance of talking about periods and breastfeeding, and how both of those things make it tough for women to succeed all over the world. A great read if you are interested in the recent news from states who are finally ending unfair taxes on women’s hygiene products! (Well + Good)
- I guess in his new-found spare time, Barack Obama has become another Instagram husband. Man Repeller has determined he’s pretty damn good at it, too. (Man Repeller)
- Apparently jaw tension can cause breakouts? Great. Add it to the list of things I need to stop doing, from eating dairy to letting my face rest of anything while I sleep. (The Chalkboard Mag)
- I’ve gotten hooked on watching The Sorry Girls, a DIY duo from Canada, on YouTube. They started out mainly doing DIY Halloween costumes, but branched out into tons of other cool things. Definitely check them out if you want to learn some cheap and easy tricks to update your space! (The Sorry Girls)
- Now that LeafTV is officially sold off, Geri Hirsch is now blogging full-time at because im addicted! Check out the blog for even more amazing content for the lifestyle junkies out there. This week she came up with a comprehensive spring cleaning list that anyone can conquer! (because im addicted)
- I’ll file this one away for whenever I’m back to living on my own, because lord knows I’ll never get my parents to try these! Check out Hello Glow’s 5 vegan macaroni and cheese recipes – they all look amazing! (Hello Glow)
I hope you all have a great weekend! I’m planning to catch up with some friends who are visiting BG, and working on some more blog posts for you in the near future!
Time for this week’s Friday Favorites!
It’s been a very long week, and I’m glad to spend the weekend catching up on my meditation practice, spend time with family, and celebrate the return of Chelsea Handler’s show on Netflix. I also plan to eat as many chocolate eggs as I can stuff in me! Here are a few of my favorite things from this past week:
I hope everyone has a fun and sunny Easter weekend!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
No Friday Favorites post this week. I totally forgot to keep track of the things I was into – oops!
I hope everyone has a fun and safe St. Patrick’s Day. I am off to find something green to wear and see if I can get my hands on a corned beef sandwich for lunch this afternoon!
Have a great weekend, and enjoy the arrival of spring!
My main goal for this weekend is to go for a hike. I haven’t gone at all this year, and I’m itching to get back out there. I can only hope the weather holds up!
Have a great weekend!