(This was originally posted on Bloglovin’, using their direct-posting function, which does not link to Afternoon Glow. It has been updated to reflect more books I’ve read since the original post.)
I thought I’d start the day by sharing what I’ve been reading lately. One of my goals for 2017 is to read 50 books, and I’m already well on my way!
I also want to focus on reading more from our feminist history, as well as honoring amazing women writers. One area I didn’t explore much in college was women’s studies. I’m going to make up for that this year, hopefully. I’d also like to read more fiction, but man I am picky when it comes to fiction. Perhaps more Margaret Atwood? 😉
2017 Reading List (So Far):
1. The Feminist Mystique by Betty Friedan
2. Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
3. My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem
4. Blue Nights by Joan Didion
5. How to Win at Feminism by Reductress
6. The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
7. How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
8. Bad Feminist by Roxane Gray
There you have it!
Any suggestions for books I should pick up this year?
Loving all the sunshine this week while out hiking!
Welcome to October!
If September was all about renewed energy and work ethic, October is about building on that while also finding time to get cozy and comfortable. The weather in Seattle through September was unusually warm, so it didn’t feel like fall was coming at all – but this week it has definitely cooled off and feels more autumnal. I also started off October with a cold, so I’m forcing myself to stay home and chill out a bit more. I’m looking forward to the leaves changing color, breaking out my scarves (finally!), and everything pumpkin spiced!
Here are some things I’ve been enjoying this past week:
- Apartment Therapy reminded us that while the holidays are a few months away, it’s never to soon to start planning. They give amazing advice for those who like giving homemade, handmade, or trendy gifts each year (hint: plan way ahead!).
- If you wear heels, check out this YouTube video from Chriselle Lim for “5 Heel Hacks” to make sure your feet stay healthy and happy!
- To make sure you don’t miss this year’s fall foliage, check out the Fall Foliage Map to find out when the peak days for getting out to see the fall leaves!
- Lenny Letter No. 1 launched this week! Sign up on their website for the newsletter, and enjoy!
Now I’m off to find some spiced doughnuts and apple cider. Have a great weekend!