Photo via Unsplash
Welcome to another edition of Friday Favorites!
This week was rainy and cold, so it was the perfect time to get work done, read a good book, and get plenty of blog posts ready for December! We also managed to get some holiday decorating done last weekend, so the house is all cozy. I’m even working on bringing some serious hygge vibes into my bedroom for winter.
Without further ado…here are a few things I’ve been loving online this week!
- The holiday season can wreak havoc on our health. The Chalkboard Mag has the list of supplements you need to take to stay healthy throughout the holidays. I’m planning on adding some probiotics and ashwagandha to my regimen this month!
- ‘Tis the season to re-stock your beauty cabinet! If you have an older vitamin C serum, and aren’t sure if it’s gone bad, check out this article by Well+Good! There is an easy way to tell if it’s time to replace your vitamin C products!
- Into The Gloss gave us a pretty solid list of their favorite drugstore makeup dupes, and I already have an Amazon wish list ready to buy!
- I just started reading The Bettencourt Affair: The World’s Richest Woman and the Scandal That Rocked Paris, and I’m hooked! My goal is to finish it this weekend!
- I really, really can’t decide if I should just buy this “Feminist Killjoy” sweatshirt from Etsy or just make my own (and save about $20). It think this will be the perfect thing to wear to every holiday party this year…haha!
- This mini smudge kit on Etsy looks like the perfect stocking stuffer (or “pack it and take it on your trip home”) gift for a wellness-fueled friend! It’s only $5.95, too!
- If you haven’t been watching Sarah Silverman’s new show on Hulu, I Love You, America, you’re missing out! It’s endearing, challenging, and funny as hell!
I hope you have a great weekend! I’m planning to spend the weekend reading, baking, and shopping for more hygge-approved fun to make my bedroom cozy for winter!
If you want to catch up with me over the weekend, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Twitter! I’ll be back Monday with my annual Gift Guide!
Photo by Hello I’m Nik on Unsplash
Welcome to another Friday Favorites!
First of all, don’t forget that Daylight Savings Time ends this weekend! Check out yesterday’s post on ways to help make the change go as smoothly as possible!
As always, I plan to spend the weekend relaxing and reading. Of course, this rarely happens. I’m pretty sure I’ll be out watching the new Thor movie at some point, grocery shopping, and there will be laundry (there is always laundry). Hopefully I can shut myself away somewhere on Sunday to finish the book I’m currently so close to finishing!
Anyway, here are some things I’ve been loving online this week!
- If you are a total beauty nerd like me, you do some serious research before trying new products. I recently discovered Reviews.com, a site that thoroughly reviews just about anything from makeup to kitchen tools. Their foundation review is extremely detailed and gave me a few ideas to try! I highly recommend their site, especially if you’re starting to think about buying Christmas gifts for friends and family!
- After seeing this outfit on Man Repeller’s own Harling Ross, I am now on the hunt for the perfect wide-leg pants and vintage tee to re-create this look! MR gave readers some serious inspiration with their list of favorites. I’m definitely adding these to my post-#NoSpendNovember list!
- I’m getting bored with my bedroom furniture. It’s all Ikea, and all kinda…meh. Thankfully, the Ikea Hackers have a solution that only involves some paint, marble contact paper, and door handles. I really want to elevate my beige Malm dresser into something more…grown up. Now, to find the perfect grayish navy blue paint…
- Goop is at it again with the easy and super healthy recipes! I am dying to try their Turkey Meatballs recipe, which looks like the perfect dinner on a cold, rainy evening!
- I’m giving thredUP a try this fall, and I can’t wait to get my first seasonal box order! They also sent me a bag to send in clothes to sell/donate, and I’m looking forward to getting rid of summer clothes I didn’t wear this year. I’ll let you know how it goes, of course!
- Giving up dairy has been a process for me over the past month. Finding a coffee creamer that’s fully non-dairy took forever (and, no surprise…it costs a ton). Another recipe I’m dying to try is this gluten-free, dairy-free cream of chicken soup from Iowa Girl Eats. I use cream of chicken soup in a lot of fall/winter recipes, so having a non-dairy option will make this transition even easier. Once I find a non-dairy cheese I like, the transition will be complete!
I hope you enjoyed this week’s Friday Favorites! I’m off to try to get all my “household chores” done before the weekend, so I can relax and finish that damn book already!
(A short attempt to work outside during a smoke-out)
Time for another Friday Favorites!
While this was a short week thanks to Labor Day, it wasn’t a very fun one. First, temperatures were supposed to hit almost 100 this week, which meant hiding in the AC for another week. Next, the entire west coast has been on fire! The smoke and ash has been so bad that it looks like it’s snowing. Yuck! I went to my favorite coffee shop to get some work done on Tuesday, but I only made it 20 minutes before leaving because I was already covered in ash. It didn’t really start to clear up until yesterday, and unless it rains soon, it’s going to be around for a while.
Being cooped up all week wasn’t fun at all, but I did have some extra time to goof around online! Here are just a few of the things I enjoyed online this week!
- The Everygirl did their list of favorite beauty products from Trader Joe’s. I’ve never really bought any beauty products there, but I might now!
- Since it’s been hot as balls lately, I’ve been using a facial mist to “freshen up” as I sweat all damn day. If you’re looking for a good one to try, check out Darling’s wish list!
- BUST is killing it lately with their articles. This one is about one of their writers recreating 4 lipsticks from history. I don’t want to spoil anything, but let’s just say some are more tempting than others!
- I just picked up a copy of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson, which seems to be the book of the moment. If this weather clears up, you’ll find me reading it at the beach this weekend!
- In honor of it being almost fall, I decided to grab a pair of pumpkin-spiced flats from Ollio. They arrived yesterday, and I can’t wait to wear them everywhere! It’s going to be hard for me not to order them in every color! Here they are in all their glory:
I’m not sure what the weekend holds for me – it largely depends on the weather! Maybe a trip to the beach, or a seasonal closet switch-over…who knows! What are you doing this weekend?
This week has been busy, cold, but very pretty outside! I’ve enjoyed getting out for hikes in the fog, taking a zillion photos, and trying to soak in the warm sun as much as possible.
Yesterday, Independent Fashion Bloggers featured one of my recent posts on their weekly round-up of some of the best style blog posts on the web! To continue sharing the love, I wanted to share the list with all of you too! I’m always looking for new inspiration on the fashion front, and this is a great place to start!
So here you go! Enjoy this week’s list of amazing fashionistas, and their (much better than mine) style. Oh, and have a great weekend!
Links à la Mode, November 12
SPONSOR: Shopbop Carven, BB Dakota Jackets, Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers, KC Designs, The Third Piece, xSEL, cupcakes and cashmere Dresses, Slip On Sneakers, Black Backpacks, Men’s Parkas
Watching an amazing sunset before fireworks on the 4th. It’s the only decent picture I got on my phone!
Now that we’re all back into the swing of things after a long holiday weekend, and my husband’s back home after being away for a couple weeks, it’s time to spend this weekend relaxing at the beach, sleeping in late, and trying not to eat all the cupcakes I have left over from our anniversary celebration yesterday.
While we all prepare for a less hectic weekend (hopefully), here are some links to check out if you get bored this weekend!
Makeup artists are letting us in on their favorite makeup brush cleaner – and it’s only $2!
A Parisian outfit I would straight up copy if I could!
I don’t wear glasses, but for those who do, Lisa Eldridge has some great pointers for doing your makeup to best enhance your eyes based on whether you’re near or far-sighted!
Pulled Pork Pierogies sound like the most dangerous food on the planet. Anything that helps me carry around pulled pork without making a mess is probably a bad (and by bad, I mean amazing) idea!
Ellen Pao, CEO of the popular website Reddit, recently fired Victoria Taylor, the main moderator of the site’s popular “Ask Me Anything” page. People of the internet responded by shutting down large portions of Reddit, and gaining over 200,000 petition signatures, asking Pao to step down. It is one of the largest online protests I’ve ever seen, and it will be interesting to see how things shake out in the near future.
Don’t forget to update your social media so you can follow what I’m up to outside the blog!
Bloglovin’: Click here to follow