(This was originally posted on Bloglovin’, using their direct-posting function, which does not link to Afternoon Glow. It has been updated to reflect more books I’ve read since the original post.)
I thought I’d start the day by sharing what I’ve been reading lately. One of my goals for 2017 is to read 50 books, and I’m already well on my way!
I also want to focus on reading more from our feminist history, as well as honoring amazing women writers. One area I didn’t explore much in college was women’s studies. I’m going to make up for that this year, hopefully. I’d also like to read more fiction, but man I am picky when it comes to fiction. Perhaps more Margaret Atwood? 😉
2017 Reading List (So Far):
1. The Feminist Mystique by Betty Friedan
2. Not That Kind of Girl by Lena Dunham
3. My Life on the Road by Gloria Steinem
4. Blue Nights by Joan Didion
5. How to Win at Feminism by Reductress
6. The Second Sex by Simone de Beauvoir
7. How to be a Woman by Caitlin Moran
8. Bad Feminist by Roxane Gray
There you have it!
Any suggestions for books I should pick up this year?